A Special Visa for Recently Graduated Engineers from the University of the Philippines (UP)

myRMA's Latest Australian Migration News

A Special Visa for Recently Graduated Engineers from the University of the Philippines (UP)


Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) a Special Visa for Recently Graduated Engineers from the University of the Philippines (UP).

If you are a recent Graduate in Engineering from the university of the Philippines and are,

  • under 31 years of age and
  • have Competent English,
  • this could be the visa for you!

I would like to refresh engineering graduate memories from the University of the Philippines that the Australian Government has introduced a special Skilled Visa (subclass 476) which is intended to combat the shortage of skills in the field of Engineering experienced by Australian employers.

This visa allows recent graduates of selected overseas universities and here in the Philippines it is University of the Philippines to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.

As a holder of this visa, UP engineering graduates may apply for permanent residence at any time, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements for the SkillSelect criteria, including the pass mark on the Points Test, or are sponsored by an employer.

You may include secondary applicants in your visa application, specifically:

  • your spouse
  • your de facto partner
  • a dependent child of you, your spouse or your de facto partner
  • a dependent relative of you or your spouse or de facto partner.

The visa allows you and any secondary applicant included in your visa application to remain in Australia for up to 18 months with no restrictions on work or study. During this period you may choose to:

  • travel,
  • work,
  • undertake further professional studies,
  • study to improve your English skills.

There are no conditions placed on this visa.

If you are granted this visa, you are able to live and work in any part of Australia and engage in any type of employment.

This visa is for you if you have completed an

  • Eligible Engineering Degree at the University of the Philippines

in the last two years.

Eligible Engineering Degrees Recognised Overseas Institutions

In the two (2) years immediately before the date of making your application, you must have completed an eligible degree qualification in engineering which can be any of the following:

A Bachelor’s Degree

A Master’s Degree

A Doctoral Degree

A Postgraduate Diploma

Your degree qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in an Engineering discipline. Engineering specialisations include but are not limited to:

Civil Engineering

Structural Engineering

Chemical Engineering

Environmental Engineering

Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering

Mining and Material Engineering

We have assisted many Skilled—Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476) applicants since 2012 to apply for this type of visa however the annual number of grants for this visa is limited and capped.

Act Now! Start your Free Assessment NOW!

Take advantage of this opportunity if you have recently graduated (in the last 2 years) in an Engineering course at University of the Philippines.

Log on directly to our website and register your interest in this pathway to your opportunity to work and live in Australia.


November 16, 2015